An excellent chair and panel made a great success of the Birmingham City Centre Neighbourhood Forum’s Question Time style event this evening. We would like to thank them all very much for coming along to the Town Hall and making this such an interesting debate!
From left to right we have:
- from UKIP, Derek Bennett, PA to Mike Nattrass who is UKIP MEP for the West Midlands
- from the Liberal Democrats, Cllr Ayoub Khan, our parliamentary candidate
- our chair, Jenny Inglis, City Centre Director
- from Labour, Shabana Mahmood, our parliamentary candidate
- from the Conservatives, Cllr Colin Hughes, our parliamentary candidate
Question topics included
- parking – and what should you be able to do if it stops you from accessing your own garage?
- are public planning consultations a box ticking exercise, and if so how can we change this?
- how to balance the right to free speech against the risk of violent disturbances?
- what can we do about the ‘chewing gum ramp’ from New Street….astonishingly left in place in the New Street Station redevelopment plans!
- how can we help city centre residents, many of them in new buildings, develop real communities?
Thanks also to our local councillors Carl Rice and Kath Hartley for joining us.
And finally, thanks to our fellow City Centre Residents who came along and participated, we hope you enjoyed it.
We took some video clips…so watch this space if you regret missing the meeting (and if you did miss it, you should regret it!) We will add more information shortly.